Effective date: 9 June 2018
V plus habitat S?rl (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.vplushabitat.com website and all related services (collectively, the “Service”).
This page informs you about our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Data when you use our Service, for instance by accessing and navigating this website, and the choices you have associated with such Personal Data. Furthermore, it points out your statutory privacy rights.
Personal Data mean data and information about an individual, legally known as the ”data subject”, who can be identified from those data or from those and other information (either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Personal data also include usage data, meaning data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit) and other data.
Data Controller means a person who, either alone or jointly or in common with others, determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are processed.
V plus habitat Sarl
Rue de Chaux, 21
Data Processor means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Data Processors in order to process your Personal Data more effectively.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect several types of Personal Data for various purposes, mainly to provide and improve our Service.
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
We may collect various categories of usage data, including but not limited to: your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
The processing of usage data is necessary for us to supply the Service and to improve the user experience.
Conditional upon your explicit consent, we may process information about your territorial location (-Localization Data). Localization Data is required to provide some features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service.
You can enable or disable location services at any time through your device settings.
For the purpose of fulfilling orders on this website, we will ask you to provide us additional Personal Data, including but not limited to:
- First name and last name;
- Email address;
- Delivery and billing address;
- Phone number.
The submission of these items of Personal Data is required for you to complete purchase orders and their processing is based on the necessity of the Data Controller to perform a contract of sale (e.g., to deliver products, answer to customer enquiries, etc.).
The submission of Personal Data not necessary to fulfil purchase orders will always be optional.
We may ask you to provide Personal Data to submit newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. In all these cases, your consent will be optional.
You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email.
Based on our legitimate interest to improve the relationship with customers, we regularly send email communications with promotions, discounts, feedback requests and/or other commercial updates to our customers. Customers are always free to unsubscribe from such email communications by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email.
TRACKING & COOKIES DATA
Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service. Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
We process Personal Data in order to:
- Provide and maintain our Service;
- Notify you about changes to our Service;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
- Provide customer support;
- Gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service;
- Monitor the usage of our Service;
- Detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- Provide customers with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- Submit marketing and commercial communications to users who have opted for such service.
We commit to ensure that processing of Personal Data will be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which Personal Data are processed.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
In order to determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data processed under consent of the relevant data subject, we will consider multiple factors, also to ensure that Personal Data are not stored for longer than the necessary or appropriate period. These criteria will also include:
- The purpose for which we hold Personal Data;
- The type of ongoing relationship with the concerned user or customer;
- Any specific user request in relation to the deletion of personal information;
- Any legitimate business interests.
We will retain and use your Personal Data when processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, to enforce our rights, resolve disputes and in all other circumstances prescribed by law.
We will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when these data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data may be transferred to servers located in Switzerland.
Please be aware that the European Commission has the power to determine, on the basis of article 45 of the GDPR, whether a country outside the EU offers an adequate level of data protection, whether by its domestic legislation or of the international commitments it has entered into.
The EU Commission considers Switzerland as a country that provides an adequate level of data protection (2000/518/EC: Commission Decision of 26 July 2000 pursuant to Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on the adequate protection of personal data provided in Switzerland)
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers“), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. They will act as Data Processors accordingly.
We will make our best effort to ensure that all Data Processors will apply their industry best practice to protect your Personal Data and that they will not use Personal Data for any other purposes than those agreed with us.
A list of the current Service Providers/Data Processors can be requested by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
DISCLOSURE FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT PURPOSES
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
OTHER LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Data Controller;
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public;
- Protect us against any legal liability.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
We process your Personal Data with IT, automated and electronic tools. In accordance with the GDPR, specific security measures have been implemented to prevent Personal Data loss, unlawful or improper use and unauthorized access.
Only our authorized employees, and authorized employees of the third-party suppliers, acting as Data Processors on our behald, have access to your Personal Data. Data processing agreements are in place with Data Processors to ensure that they always meet the level of security required by the GDPR while processing Personal Data.
The security of your Personal Data is important to us. Nonetheless, you should be aware that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
We aim to take any reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit our use of your Personal Data.
Whenever possible, you can update your Personal Data directly within your account settings. If you are unable to change your Personal Data, please contact us, so that we can make the required changes.
If you wish to be informed about any Personal Data we may hold about you, please contact us.
Under specific statutory conditions, you have the right to:
- Be informed on the Personal Data we hold about you;
- Access and receive a copy of your Personal Data;
- Have any of your Personal Data rectified, when incomplete, inaccurate or out-of-date;
- Request the erasure of your Personal Data (”the right to be forgotten”), unless we are still obliged or allowed to retain such Person Data on grounds other than user consent;
- Object to direct marketing, including profiling, and any processing based on our legitimate interest;
- Withdraw consent to the processing of your Personal Data;
- Object to processing of your Personal Dara based on legitimate interests;
- Object our decision to use your Personal Data to make an automated decision about you;
- Lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority;
- Obtain data portability for the Personal Data you provide to us (under specific conditions). Please be aware that we may reserve the right to verify your identity before responding to any of such requests.
We may use Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 16 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data without your authorization, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we will take the appropriate steps to remove such Personal Data from our servers.